Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Ideal Winter...

I used to hate January.

This blog background is the perfect page for my ideal winter: everything looks wintery and gives you the feeling that you need a blanket and hot chocolate, but then you go outside and you're in AZ! I can appreciate feeling cold and snuggly, but let me tell you it sure was fun at the park yesterday feeding the ducks and walking around in shorts. A few weeks in UT/ID every Christmas is a good fill and reminds me why I now love January.

4 comments:

Kira said...

So not fair!! It was 15 degrees here today... and felt even colder! Oh I want to live in warm weather again.

Callie. said...

I am glad you guys get to enjoy AZ weather. I loved living there for a few years growing up, and I wish we were having a winter like yours. Oregon is even worse than snow! No sun and lots of rain. Boo!

DT Young Family said...

I agree!

Angie said...

Aah, January was my favorite month the year we lived in Alabama. Going for bike rides, reading books in shorts and flip flops on the deck... It was especially appreciated knowing what kind of weather all my loved ones were enduring...

It's not bad here in California, either. We go to the park every day, albeit in coats and hats, but it's still pleasant. Sometimes you have to experience the bitter to enjoy the sweet. Goodbye, bitter Utah Januaries!