Sunday, January 31, 2010

Children's Museum of Phoenix

I'm not sure that they realized that the construction work was not an exhibit, but boy did we spend a lot of time watching the men work!


Finally, now they can do the shopping.


German driving Eli through a "trikewash".

Painting the castle.

So, I thought the Mesa youth museum was great (and it is), but this far surpassed my expectations. I would buy a membership, but I'm cheap and will instead hope for a free culture pass from the library.

I had to drag my children from each station, all the while convincing them that the next room would be just as cool. I thought we'd stay a couple of hours, but we ended up staying until almost closing time. These boys have some great imaginations. Scot loved the little baby areas and was a great baby the entire day.

Sadly, I was lonely. I watched as all these other mothers were there with their pals, and I mingled with the grandmas that were coerced into bringing their grandchildren. Friends, you were missed!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a cool place! We went to the Discovery Center in Boise when we were there this summer and Jaron loved shopping at the little store. Too bad we're not nearby, I would have gone with you!

Shelbs said...

Aw, Aub and I would definitely would have loved to come with you and her 3 boyfriends.