Sunday, April 6, 2008

Garage Sale-ing

This post is dedicated to my aunts and grandma for their garage sale-ing examples.

A girlfriend in our ward asked me a while ago to go garage sale-ing with her and I finally went yesterday. It was awesome!!! I took a twenty dollar bill and said this is it, I won't spend anything more. My friend said I had beginners luck because the first house we went to was a big score. Some lady was selling a Costco size box of size 2 diapers for $10 and a baby play gym for $8. (The play gym had never even been out of the box and costs in the twenties at a store.) I also got German some clothes and some fridge magnet letters. I really thought I was doing well when I found a little baseball mit for German for 50 cents. I was so excited to show the family my treasures and then Joshua broke the bad news to me: I bought German a lefties mit. The really sad part is that he loves it and carries it all over the house with him. I guess I'll have to go sale-ing again to find him a righties mit! The best part is tonight while Eli was playing with his new floor gym, he rolled over for the first time!

I guess I can see how you might get addicted to the sport, it was kinda fun!

8 comments:

Angie said...

Garage sale-ing in early April, how would it be....:)

Brian said...

one word: patty

Treasure said...

Do you think that it means we are getting old when we realize that we are becoming our parents and we like it??

Cute background!! Here is the website I was telling you about. marykay.blogspot.com

Callie. said...

Hey Josh and Julie! My phone is ruined and I lost your phone number and can't find your email address. Please give my wife a call or send me email at craig@theashfords.org!

Thanks

Craig

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! Slow day at work--happened upon your family's blog (long story). It completely made my day to see that life is so great for you: Great husband, two beautiful boys, Arizona in the springtime, garage sale-ing. The good life! You deserve great things. I'm tellin' ya, it warms my heart.

Dan

Kira said...

Hey Julie I was just thinking that you should change your name on the family and friends blog to just Brian and Kira... Cause it really is just the two of us. Anyways I believe you need a new post! Love you guys!

Nancy said...

Hey Julie,
Went blog-hoppin and found you. Your kids are so cute! Stop by my blog sometime if you'd like, just click on my name above to get the link.

Nancy Eagan

Stapletons said...

Jules,
Your kids are adorable! I love yard-saling, or craig's listing. I found a play gym at a mom-to-mom sale for about $8 too, and it is Timmy's favorite toy as well right now.
So many sales! Why buy new?
So glad to hear from you, and thank you so much for Eli's birth announcement. Sorry, we never got any out, but I'm glad you now know...we had a kid! :) Motherhood is super-fun!
Love,
KT