Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eli is Growing Up




Our little Eli has changed a lot in the last couple of weeks. He is a 'squirmer' (says German) and I have little doubt that it won't be long until he's crawling. He loves his mobility! Yesterday I laid him on the carpet on his back and I few minutes later he had rolled/twisted his way into the kitchen.


The other big milestone of the week was that Eli begann eating solids. Unfortunately, he does not enjoy them. I've concocted three different recipes of rice cereal and bananas and he is not interested at all. He makes a face like he's totally disgusted and then spits it all out. I can tell he's just not into the new texture and method of consumption. If anyone has any good ideas about how to make him like baby food, I'd love to hear what you've got!

2 comments:

Callie. said...

hey Julie, maybe you have a non-eater like we do! I will never forget how well German ate when you visited last summer. Anyways, when I started Will on solids he wasn't interested either, so I just waited until he was 6 months. I don't know what it was about that age, but he was finally ready to do it, and he ate way better than he did at 4 months. So that's what worked for us, for what it's worth. Good luck figuring something out!

Kira said...

Aww we missed baby eli eating solids for the first time. But it looks like you guys got some good pictures anyways. You guys need to get a web cam so we could chat live more. That way German wont forget us next time... Well forget me cause he always remembers how much he loves brian! :)