Sunday, November 6, 2011

Two Spontaneous Trips...

The First...

San Diego! -See post below-

The Second...

Spontaneous Pneumothorax!

About a week before our trip Joshua was playing basketball and after a lay-up felt a huge shortness of breath and a lot of pain on his left side. I finally convinced him to take a motrin the next day, which seemed to help, so he just dealt with the pain assuming that it would heal eventually. After our trip (after he walked all over San Diego) he had a doctor's appointment where the x-ray revealed that he had a collapsed lung!

So he spent 4+ days in the hospital with a tube in his chest. It was a crazy 4 days and many thanks to everyone who helped with the boys so I could spend a couple of hours each day with Joshua. Joshua is doing just fine and even played basketball last week - proof that nothing, not even a collapsed lung, can keep this man from playing ball!

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is so scary. We are SO grateful he's okay now...as I'm sure you guys are too! :p

Angie said...

Oh my gosh! How crazy. I'm glad to hear Josh is up and playing b-ball again, that everything is okay. I bet those were a rough four days for you. :(