Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fathers and Sons Campout







We told G & E last Sunday that they would be going camping with dad this weekend. I think German tried to convince us three times that Sunday the wisdom in packing the car that day, so that they would be ready for the next Friday! As far as I can tell, they had a blast and had a lot to talk about when they got home: forest golf, tug-of-war, Connect 4, and their early morning hike. These boys sure love their dad.


I think Joshua had a really hard time saying good-bye to Scotland. Scotie could tell something was going on and he went and got his shoes, kept trying to wear Eli's backpack, and then wouldn't go to me, but just wanted to stay in dad's arms. Poor boy! At the last minute Joshua was going to take him, but I reminded him that it would be no fun chasing Scotland around the forest and next year (I hope) he'll be able to follow directions a lot better!


So Scotie and I went to girl's night and he played with another left behind brother! S & Joshua got to hang out a lot Saturday afternoon at our friends' pool - Scotie loves to be with his dad! Scotland has taken a liking to the harmonica and walks around the house blowing his merry tune - he is quite the personality. I'm so glad he came to our family!

No comments: