Sunday, August 17, 2008

"German is So Talkative Lately"

The title of this post is the words spoken to me last Sunday when I picked German up from nursery. German has never been shy around us, but around other adults he tends to go quiet and observant. So as various friends and teachers tell us how much he's talking we're naturally very proud of his progress. The following is a small sampling of some of the things that German has said to us in the recent past:

"My mommy is a princess." (I think this is thanks to my dad!)

(While talking to Gma Clark on the phone) "I am German and this is Eli."

"No, he's not Eli Clark, he's Eli Britain."

"May I have a snack and a drink of water before my nap, please?"

(While Joshua was rolling up our new tent) "Hey, that (the tent) is a hot dog!"

"Here mom, I made you some lion for dinner on the barbeque and me some frog for dinner." (My plate held a lion puppet and his a toy frog)

So, I realize that these little snipits may not sound very cute or funny to the reader, but in context and at the time they sure were funny little comments!

2 comments:

These Four Walls said...

I totally know what you mean. I think about putting things that Owen said as a post, then when I read it I'm like - was it really that funny? So, I really appreciate these - he sounds like he has quite the personality! So fun!

Harvey Family said...

I love it when they start talking like that! Enjoy every minute and don't forget to write it down! Your boys are adorable!